In anticipation of the massive planned expansion in public transport and Wexford Bus’ own growth plans, Wexford Bus has established a Bus Driver Training Academy for those interested in becoming a bus driver with Wexford Bus or elsewhere.
We are looking for a number of exceptional people to join our trainee bus driver programme . You will receive first class training from our qualified instructors based here in Wexford to achieve your category D driving licence (category for driving bus) with possible employment with Wexford Bus and further development once you have your licence.
Have you got what it takes?
- We are looking for candidates that would like a career in our industry, particularly driving buses and coaches. No bus/coach driving experience is necessary.
- The most important quality you will need as a Trainee Bus Driver is to be friendly and helpful. You will need to have good communication skills and to enjoy working with people.
- To join the trainee programme and go on to apply for your Category D License you must
- be over 21 years and normally reside in Ireland
- be medically fit to drive
- hold a full, valid category B (car or light van) driving licence
- have sat and passed the Category D (bus) Driver Multiple Choice Theory Test, the Category D Case study test and then applied for Category D Learner Permit.
For more details and on the Bus Driving Academy and details on how to apply see our careers page