Book a ticket
Terms and Conditions of Travel
- All passengers must hold a valid ticket for the full duration of travel.
- Tickets prices are based on the route being travelled.
- Every effort is made to ensure accommodation on buses for all ticket holders but Wexford Bus accepts no liability if the bus is full.
- Young Adult or Student Leap Tickets are not transferable and are only available to those with valid Young Adult or Student Leap Cards.
- Young Adult or Student Leap Card Tickets can be purchased on the bus from the driver when the Young Adult or Student Leap Card is presented.
- Young Adult or Student Leap Card Tickets can be purchased on the website by selecting the ‘Young Adult or Student’ ticket option when booking. During the purchase of these tickets customers will be asked to enter the valid Young Adult Leap Card (19-23) or Student Leap Card number. Only one Young Adult or Student ticket can be purchased at a time as the card number must be validated during the booking process.
- Cash child fares apply to children aged over 3 and under 18 years of age (ie children aged 3 to 17 inclusive). The driver can refuse to sell a child ticket if Photo ID with proof of age cannot be provided.
- Child Leap Card Tickets are available to children with Child Leap Cards up to their 19th birthday. It must be a personalised child leap card if aged of 16, 17 or 18.
- A “Seat Only Reservation” is not a valid ticket for travel and must be accompanied by a valid ticket or free travel pass.
- Tickets purchased are non-refundable and are not transferable.
- Leap cards cannot be shared.
- Monthly return tickets are valid for one month from date of purchase unless a return date was booked and specified at time of purchase.
- Return tickets are only valid for one use in each direction.
- Wexford Bus reserves the right to change the price of any type of ticket on any given route, at any given time.
- The timetable is subject to change. Please confirm 48 hours prior to travel date. Wexford Bus reserves the right to change bus times, bus routes and the number of services operating. All changes will be announced on this website.
- All times on our timetable are dependent on traffic, road and weather conditions at time of travel.
- Wexford Bus is not liable for passengers that arrive later than expected or miss their flights.Wexford Bus cannot guarantee that passengers will make their connecting bus.
- Wexford Bus cannot guarantee that passengers will make their connecting bus. Transfers are dependent on traffic conditions on the day of travel.
- Wexford Bus cannot guarantee that passengers will make their connecting bus Wexford Bus endeavour to offer a Free Wi-Fi service on all of our services to/from the Dublin City and Airport. On certain occasions we will have a new bus or a bus on hire that has no wi-fi installed. In these instances there may be no wi-fi available for the duration of the journey. A third party service provider is used for Wi-Fi and at times there are issues with network coverage on the route that can interfere with connectivity. Wexford Bus is working with our Wi-Fi partner to offer the best service we can to our customers.
- If the bus is nearing capacity, passengers who have a seat reservation (including an internet booking for that service) will be boarded first followed by those with Wexford Bus tickets including return tickets, tax saver and monthly tickets, Flexi 10 tickets & weekly tickets. All remaining passengers will be boarded on a first come first served basis. Please note, Wexford Bus has no control over the queuing system at the bus stop.
- The consumption of food, drink, tea, coffee and alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited on Wexford Bus.
- Please note we have no toilet facilities on any of our buses or coaches.
- There is No smoking permitted in any format including e-cigarettes on Wexford Bus.
- Guide dogs, assistance dogs and therapy dogs accompanying passengers are permitted to travel on all Wexford Bus services free of charge assuming that there is capacity for both the passenger and the dog. All assistance dogs must be clearly identifiable either by their coat or harness to distinguish it as a working dog and not a pet. No other dogs, animals or pets of any description will be allowed to travel on Wexford Bus.
Department of Social Welfare Travel Passes Terms and Conditions
- Department of Social Welfare Travel Passes (without integrated photographs) are only accepted with valid photo identification such as a Drivers Licence or Passport.
- Social Welfare Travel Pass holders without valid photo identification will be asked to pay for their journey.
- Passes are only valid for use by the named individual identified on the card. If pass specifies, the named individual can be accompanied by their spouse or companion.
- New Department of Social Welfare Travel Passes (these are credit card size and have integrated photos and chips) will be validated by the National Transport Authorities ticket machines that are installed on our buses. If the card validation is unsuccessful pass holders will be asked to pay for their journey and to report their faulty card to the Department of Social Protection.
- The drivers’ decision is final.
- Each passenger is allowed two medium sized suitcases or rucksacks (no more than 20 Kgs). This luggage must be stored in the luggage lockers underneath the coach. Passengers should not open or close these luggage locker doors. Once the coach luggage lockers have been opened, passengers are responsible for the storing and removal of their own luggage. Luggage must be labelled and is carried at the owner’s risk.
- Only one small item of hand luggage capable of fitting in the overhead luggage rack or under the seat is permitted to be brought onto the coach. Luggage is not permitted to be stored on seats where other passengers may wish to sit. The drivers decision is final.
- Valuable items including medications, money, travel/identity documents should not be carried in luggage but should be carried on the person at all times.
- At times, the company may issue luggage tags to passengers which must be applied to assist with the smooth and efficient operation of busy services.
- Passengers are not permitted to carry items that may damage or contaminate property of other passengers or the company, illegal items, materials that may be liable to spread infection, represent a risk of fire, that supports combustion or other known hazard.
- The company or our agents do not accept liability for loss or damage to passenger’s luggage or to the possessions of the passenger, unless such loss or damage is proven to have been caused by the negligence or breach of duty by the company. In the event of the company being proven liable for loss or damage, then that liability is limited to €100 per passenger. You should seek advice and insure you luggage or valuable items with reputable insurers before making travel arrangements.
- Bicycles and scooters will only be carried when the driver deems that there is sufficient space in the luggage compartment to carry same, the drivers decision is final. Due to their size and weight Wexford Bus does not carry electric bicycles on board. Wexford Bus accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage caused to bicycles or scooters in transit and passengers leaving their bicycle in the luggage compartment does so entirely at their own risk. We can only carry bicycles on our coaches, there is no capacity on the low floor buses that operate on the Wexford Bus Connect services on the WX1, WX2 routes and routes to/from Kilmore Quay, Rosslare Strand and Bridge Loop.
Tax Saver Ticket Terms and Conditions
- The Tax Saver scheme is only applicable to monthly, quarterly and annual tickets.
- Participants of the tax saver scheme must obtain a personalised Leap Card so that their Wexford Bus Tax Saver Ticket can uploaded to this on a monthly basis.
- Monthly tickets are valid for one calendar month starting on the first of the month.
- Quarterly tickets can be purchased at any time of the year and are valid for any 3 consecutive calendar months starting on the first day of the first of the 3 months.
- Annual tickets can be purchased at any time of the year and are valid for any 12 consecutive calendar months starting on the first day of the first of the 12 months.
- Employers should allow 10 working days for the ticket to be processed.
- Full payment must be received before tickets are issued.
- To enjoy the tax benefits of the Tax Saver tickets, tickets must be purchased by employers on behalf of employees. The cost of the ticket is then deducted from employees’ gross salary so no tax, PRSI or USC is paid on this amount.
- Tickets are valid for travel between Dublin City and the designated point detailed on the ticket, they are not valid for travel to the airport.
- Tickets prices are based on the route being traveled.
- Tickets are not transferable and must be uploaded to a personalised Leap Card.
- Wexford Bus reserves the right to change the price of any type of ticket on any given route, at any given time.
- The timetable is subject to change. Wexford Bus reserves the right to change bus times, bus routes and the number of services operating. All changes will be announced on the website.
- All times are dependent on traffic, road and weather conditions at time of travel.
- Wexford Bus is not liable for passengers that arrive later than expected.
- Wexford Bus and its servants accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused to goods or property of passengers using this service. Any passenger leaving or carrying property in a vehicle does so entirely at their own risk.
Wexford Bus Tax Saver Ticket Refund Policy
- Refunds will only apply to Annual and Quarterly Tax Saver Tickets.
- A valid reason as to why the ticket is being cancelled must be provided.
- A 10% administration charge will be applied to the amount due for refund. For example if 6 months remain on ticket, we will refund 6 months minus 10%.
- When cancelling a Tax Saver Ticket, at least 10 days notice must be given before the start of a new calendar month. The ticket will then expire at the end of the month in which it is cancelled. For example if Wexford Bus is notified that a ticket is being cancelled in the middle of April then the refund will apply from 01 May onwards minus 10%.
- If the ticket is not cancelled at least 10 days before the last day of the month there will be a further full month deducted.
- The applicable refund minus 10% will only be paid to the person that made the payment for the ticket usually the ticket holders employer. It is the responsibility of the employee to gain a refund from their employer for monies outstanding to them.
Terms and Conditions of Website
- Wexford Bus and its agents will treat all information provided by users of the Wexford Bus site in confidence and will not pass on any details to third parties.
- Wexford Bus uses Opayo to process all online payments. With Opayo your details are being collected securely using SSL technology.
- Wexford Bus makes every effort to ensure that all information on this site is correct at time of publication and is kept up to date. However, we cannot guarantee that all information detailed is current or completely accurate.
- All information on this website is copyright of Wexford Bus.
Last updated October 2022
Awards & Accreditations
- #StrengthInUnity Transport Hero Award 2021
- Coach Operator of the Year 2020 – Commuter
- County Wexford Business Awards Overall Winner 2018
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
- HSA & RSA Driving For Work Case Study
- Best Safety Practice Award 2018