Wexford Bus is introducing a range of new fares from Tuesday July 18th.
In order to maintain the level of service and standards provided, a decision has been taken to increase a number of the fares on the Wexford to Dublin City & Airport route (Route 740) and the Wexford to Waterford route (Route 340). This is the first price increase to our standard fare chart since February 2013.
Wexford Bus will continue to offer excellent value to its customers. For example on the 740 route between Wexford & Dublin city many of the most frequently used tickets will remain unchanged, as follows:
- Student weekly tickets to Dublin City from €60 and adult weekly tickets from €65 per week
- Adult day return ticket to Dublin City from €18 or Leap 2 Journey ticket from €18
- Leap Student Single fare of €9 to Dublin City.
An example of the increases include:
- Adult monthly return ticket between Wexford and Dublin City will go from €23 to €24 and from Gorey it will change from €18 to €20.
- Adult monthly return ticket between Wexford and Dublin Airport will change from €29.50 to €32.00 and from Gorey it will go from €26 to €28.
On the Wexford to Waterford Route (Route 340) a nominal charge will be introduced for all users that connect with the Wexford to Dublin City & Airport service (Route 740). Passengers will still be able to purchase through tickets on these routes. For example it will now cost €25 for a monthly return ticket between New Ross and Dublin City (note the fare from Wexford is €24).
Please note that all online bookings made prior to July 18th will be at the old rates even if you are travelling later in the summer or beyond. To book click here
We would like to remind passengers that lower fares can also be achieved by using your Leap Card.