Experienced HGV Mechanic with Wexford Bus
We are recruiting for a qualified / experienced HGV mechanic to join our Technical Team who care for our fleet of over 60 modern coaches and buses based at our maintenance facility at Drinagh, Wexford
To join the team the right candidate will be able to demonstrate commitment to high standards, show initiative, have a positive attitude, and a willingness to develop their career in the rapidly changing bus and coach industry.
You will be:
- A qualified HGV Mechanic
- A SOLAS registered HGV apprentice who has already successfully completed three years of their formal training.
- An experienced HGV mechanic who can demonstrate previous learning and experience through other pathways.
You will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good electrical knowledge and the ability to read diagrams /schematics.
- Good communication skills.
- Good diagnostic capability, knowledge of modern diagnostic equipment.
- Full car driving licence. Training to D (Bus) licence will be given if not yet held.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fluency in English (spoken & written).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining high vehicle standards by conducting periodic inspections.
- Servicing and repairing vehicles to manufacturers specifications.
- Working closely with our Operations Team to maintain service levels.
- Carrying out fault diagnosis using vehicle specific software.
- Adhering to safe systems of work and following all Health & Safety processes.
- Maintaining records of work using both online and written systems.
- Working to continually improve knowledge and understanding.
Core hours are Monday to Friday 0800 – 1700. A rotating weekend and on-call roster operates with additional benefits.
Wexford Bus is committed to a programme of continuous development working to ISO 9001 / 14001 standards.
For informal enquiries please call Fleet Performance Manager on 053 9142742.
Salary: €35,000.00-€45,000.00 per year
How to Apply?
Please apply in writing including a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the position you are applying for in the title of your email.
Wexford bus experience
We welcome 20,000 passengers per week on Wexford Bus, many of whom are regular passengers.
Stay in the Know
Be the first to receive special offers, news and important travel updates from Wexford Bus.
Tax Saver Tickets
Commute to work with Wexford Bus and save up to 52% on the price of your ticket and enjoy access to our seat reservation system.
Awards & Accreditations
- #StrengthInUnity Transport Hero Award 2021
- Coach Operator of the Year 2020 – Commuter
- County Wexford Business Awards Overall Winner 2018
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
- HSA & RSA Driving For Work Case Study
- Best Safety Practice Award 2018